Monday, March 4, 2013

Community Service/Fundraising Idea with Bailing Twine

I was just out in my stalls gathering up all of my old bailing twine and I was about to throw it away when I thought there has to be something I can do with this twine. I found quite a few neat ideas that can be turned into a community service project and/or fundraising opportunity.

1.) A lot of big companies are recycling twine now. Members can collect the twine and if there is enough (semi tractor trailor full) they will come pick it up and give the chapter so much for the twine.

2.) Here are a few crafts that can be created out of used bailing twine. This would be neat as an appreciation gift for community members.

3.) These hay nets would be great fundraising ideas for the department. They are very practical too. I know when I go on trail rides you can never have enough hay nets. 

4.) My personal favorite is the twine mats! Even if I can't incorporate this into my classroom, I will make one for my tack room! 


1 comment:

  1. I really think you should re-title this blog, "Mad Marsh Musings"

    ReplyDelete